MBA (Hospitality & Tourism Management)
Course Code M.B.A. HT
Duration 2 Years
Course Type Full Time
Min Qualification Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
- To provide basic conceptual business knowledge and managerial skills applicable to hospitality and tourism industry.
- To enable students to comprehend the demands and expectations of the hospitality and tourism industry.
- To provide required practical skills to the students in all the major components of the industry.
- To impart knowledge and skills to understand and manage international tourism.
- To offer field-oriented activities for value additions for tourists and destinations.
- To develop entrepreneurship by providing knowledge, skills and attitude to set up hospitality and tourism related establishment.
MBA in Hospitality and Tourism is a 2-Year (4 semesters) post-graduation programme. The programme enables candidates to pursue a career in the field of Tourism, Business Administration, and Management. The purpose of the Master of Business Administration – Hospitality and Tourism programme is to enhance the managerial knowledge and professional skills of the students so that they could perform managerial positions efficiently and effectively in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
The aim of the programme is to augment students with a comprehensive theoretical and practical understanding of conceptual and applied issues relevant to hospitality and tourism management. Students shall be able to develop and enhance the skills and abilities to manage and promote the overall growth and development of the industry. The research guidance during the programme will help students furthermore to develop projects and dissertation work and that could be applicable to industry as well as academia. The programme encompasses the mentorship and working-in-real-situation experiences for the students to maximize learning.
- Tourism Principles and Practices
- Management in Tourism & Hospitality
- Food and Beverage Management
- Rooms Division Management
- Financial Management
- Organization Behaviour
- Indian Culture and Heritage
- Hospitality and Tourism Marketing
- Tourism Product and Resources
- Travel Agency and Tour Operations Management
- Tourism Geography
- Entrepreneurship Essentials
- Destination Planning and Development
- Itinerary Preparation and Costing
- Technology in Tourism & Hospitality
- International Tourism
- Professional/Communication Skills
- Study Tour and Project Report
- Research Methodology
|Total Fees Per Year||INR 80,000|
|Total Admission Charges
|Total Course fees
At Jagran Lakecity University, we believe in rewarding the hard work and excellence achieved by the applicant in various fields of life. There is a separate eligibility for availing scholarships in UG, PG and Research programmes. Apart from granting scholarships on the basis of the last qualifying examination percentage OR CGPA, JLU does extend scholarships on the basis of performance in the selected National Entrance Exams like GMAT / CAT / XAT / CMAT / MAT / ATMA / CUET and Sports Scholarships on the basis of sports trials.
To know more about the JLU Scholarships, CLICK HERE
Managerial Opportunities in
- Travel Agencies, Tour Operators,
- Public/Government Sector – National Tourism Board, State Tourism Boards
- Government Tourist information offices
- Hotel and allied industry
- Sales & Marketing Management Organizations
- Airlines, Shipping & Cruises, Railways, IRCTC, Water and Road Travels
- Travel Consultants, Visa and Travel Document Services
- Online Travel Agencies, Travel Aggregators
- Foreign Exchange Companies
- Itinerary Planner
- Destination Management
- Event Management
- Adventure Sports Management
- Entrepreneurship – Starting own travel agency, ticketing firm, tour operation, travel consultancy, tourist information service etc.