Explore Edu- Series, Ep. 7 : The Media story- Opportunities and Challenges
Explore Edu-Series intends to stimulate students with insights from the best and brightest in the industry. The collaboration between academia and industry leaders has the power to foster talent, equip students to make a mark in the industry and research, and produce exceptional leaders who will drive significant change and build strong, enduring experiences & brands.
For the Seventh episode of this series, we have Nisha Narayanan and Sushma Gaikwad, who will be sharing the opportunities and upcoming trends in the media industry. As Nisha is a radio industry maverick the talk will be much focused around that.
We are sure that his session will enhance the learning curve for the attending students especially because they have raised the bar to shape the industry and propelled it forward. They will share interesting insights, case studies, challenges, and solutions that would add immense value to the discussion.
About the Speakers:
- Nisha Narayanan, a prominent name in the radio industry, is currently the COO and Director at 93.5 RED FM and Magic FM. She is instrumental in launching ‘Red Indies’ which featured non-film music as a part of red on-air content and has focussed on creating brands out of raw talent. It was her vision to make RED FM accessible to its audiences across various touchpoints which gave birth to multiple IPR’s under the aegis of RED FM like the very successful RED LIVE, RED DIGITAL & RED INDIES amongst others. During her tenure, as Senior Vice President for Programming and Marketing, she also spearheaded the setting up of radio stations across markets in the country making RED FM one of the largest radio networks with 68 stations.
Some prestigious awards won by Nisha:
- Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival -Business leader of the year (Entertainment)
- Don Rowland’s Prize for Excellence
- The Most Enterprising Leaders of Asia – WCRC
- Impact- 50 most influential women award
- India’s Greatest COO – India’s Greatest Brands & Leaders
- Sushma Gaikwad– Director, Wizcraft MIME and Director & Mentor, Global Wedding Academy by Wizcraft MIME
- Co-Founder & Director, Ice Global
- Entrepreneurship Award by Bharat Nirman
- 25 + years’ experience in brand communication and experiential solutions for leading corporate houses. Passionate about strategizing for brand experiences and exceeding clients expectations
- Master of Project Conceptualisation and Management
- Educational Instructional Designer
- On the board of studies of Somaiya International Convention Centre and Academy
- Leadership Coach
- Dale Carnegie Certified Trainer
- NLP Master Practitioner
- Past EEMA General Secretary & Vice President
- Her mojo: To enhance skill, provide robust education in event management and drive policy-making for education.
So, what are you waiting for?