BVA (Filmmaking, Animation & VFX)
Course Code BVA
Duration 4 Years
Course Type Full Time
Min Qualification Higher Secondary Certificate(HSC) qualification with a minimum of 50% or an equivalent qualification in any discipline from a recognised board and Personal Interview conducted by the University Admission Panel.
The program is designed to provide the aspirants the feel of an artist throughout the course and enrich his/her ability to love the nature of film work along it with. Here the candidate effectively communicates Story Telling in the digital and non-digital imaginaries, 2D & 3D forms and the integrated utility of various media. The highly committed team of professionally skilled and industrially potential faculty and guest lectures will carry the students’ aspirations of learning the course while combining the syllabi of advanced curriculum with the theory, process, practicality and technology assist the candidates in acquiring intellectual understanding of Filmmaking, animation and VFXs in an aesthetic way.
With JLU’s innovative hands-on approach to teaching, students find themselves completely immersed in their course of study, surrounded by award-winning faculty and working with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities. The project-based curriculum is designed to reflect a real-world environment while encouraging students to explore their own creativity and passions.
The film and animation is for students who recognize the moving image as an expressive force uniquely important to modern life. As a bachelor of fine arts student, you have two options to choose from to pursue your craft, Filmmaking and Animation. The animation degree path focuses on 2D, 3D, and stop motion animation along with vfx spanning from conception to application to final production of animation assets & short films. The film specialization path focuses on production through visual and sound artistry utilizing hands-on experience with camera, editing, and sound equipment. The filmmaking path also leads you to sub specialize in direction, sound, cinematography and editing along with major film productions. The specializations ultimately develop students’ production skills and promote film and animation as creative media.
- Filmmaking- Direction
- Animation & VFX
- Focus on production, Direction, cinematography, sound, editing, screenwriting, 2D animation, 3D animation, or stop motion animation, while exploring the artistic, technical, historical, and business aspects of the motion picture industry.
- A State of Art dedicated 20,000 sq. ft. of film , animation & Media Production facilities.
- In this course, each student will be expected to deliver a crew-based documentary, a crew-based music video, 3 technical assignments, and a final narrative film that they write and direct.
- Industry collaboration with Prime Focus for post production.
- Opportunity to students for summer exchange programs with University of Lincoln along with faculty & student exchange
- Portfolio creation
- Access to Internship and Placement opportunities
- Opportunity to work on diverse student campus media outlets like Lakecity Voice (Radio Station), Lakecity Live (TV station).
- Dedicated specialization specific workshops that give options to earn study credits and certificates.
- Student led initiatives under various visual arts & design clubs
- Pedagogy involves film screenings, design-thinking sessions and productions.
Why choose this course at Jagran School of Visual Arts & Design
- Industry Talks: We have regular guest talks by leading filmmakers, animators and film business professionals. Most recently our students have benefited from workshops & visits by many such dignitaries.
- Industry Briefs: Work on live briefs set by industry practitioners and stalwarts.
- Employability: We support you to develop your entrepreneurship, freelancing & employability skills.
- Participation in industry events like Goa Film festival, Khajuraho Film Festival, Goa Adfest, Design Yatra, Jaipur Literature Festival, Film Club and others.
- Collaboration: You will be given the opportunity to get embedded with various films and documentary shoots crews across India.
- Introduction to cinema & film appreciation
- Writing for visual media
- Story boarding
- Sound & sound special effects
- Editing & Post production
- Concepts of advertisement film making
- VFX pre production & management
- Character Effects
- Production Design
- Documentary Film making
- Direction for Television
- Post production & computer graphics
- Direction for television & films
- Music Video production hading
|INR 20,000||INR 5,000||INR 10,000||INR 20,000||INR 120,000||INR 15,000|
100% on Tuition Fees
12th Board 92% and Above
50% on Tuition Fees (Max 25 Seats)
12th Board 87% to 91.99%
25% On Tuition Fees (Max 50 Seats)
12th Board 80% to 86.99%
All scholarship will be on Year 1 Tuition Fee only
Post BFA students set course to become animators, filmmakers and film technicians. Many would work as freelancers while many will take up full time production company jobs or be with animation studios and visual effects companies around the world. Your degree can also lead to career paths such as:
- Animation Director
- Film Director
- Sound manager
- Storyboard artist
- Character designer
- Web animator
- CGI special effects supervisor
- 3D modeller
- Stop-motion, 2D and 3D animator
No team found.