Master of Arts (Journalism)
Course Code MAJ
Duration 2 Years
Course Type Full Time
Min Qualification Graduation with minimum 55% or an equivalent qualification in any discipline from an institute affiliated to a university or any university recognised by UGC. The Selection of candidate will be made based on their academic merit and performance in the Personal Interview round.
Turn your talents into tools designed for the ever-changing world of new media. We offer a modern blend of fundamental basics, such as writing and reporting, along with innovative curriculum to prepare upcoming investigative reporters, social media editors and data analysts.
The Master of Arts program in Journalism trains budding and experienced journalists to go deeper and equips them with subject-area expertise, so they can explain complicated issues to the public. Students develop an intellectual grounding in their concentration that enables them to ask more informed questions, evaluate evidence for competing theories and produce sophisticated and nuanced stories. This MA gives you the practical skills to work as a journalist at the highest level in broadcast, print and online. We will learn what news means, and where it comes from. We will give you the ability to write compelling features and interviews. We’ll also be focusing on the kinds of questions you need to ask – of the individual, the state or the organs of power. And we address how the new digital world has transformed the way we go about journalism, adding new platforms and new technical skills.
Electives & Concentrations Offered
- Business & Economics
- Broadcast Journalism
- Print Journalism
- Sports Journalism
- A State of Art dedicated 20,000 sq. ft. of Media Production Studios
- Industry collaboration with Wittyfeed for New media and Part of Google News Lab University Network
- Opportunity to students for summer exchange programs with University of Arts London, University of Lincoln
- Portfolio creation
- Access to Internship and Placement opportunities
- Opportunity to work on diverse student campus media outlets like Lakecity Voice (Radio Station), Lakecity Live (TV station) and Lakecity News (News magazine) as well as Lakecity Buzz (media podcasts).
- Dedicated specialization specific workshops that give options to earn study credits and certificates.
- Student led initiatives under various media centric school clubs
- Pedagogy involves case discussions, design-thinking sessions and field-based assignments.
- Researching News
- Journalism in Context
- Media Law and Regulations
- Media, Politics and Power
- Multimedia Content & Journalism
- Digital Storytelling Basics
- Reporting Words
- Design & Graphics for media
- Broadcast Journalism Newsroom
- Film & Documentary Studies
- Audio Journalism and Production
- Data Journalism
- Media, Society & Culture
- Media Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Media and Child Rights & Development Journalism
- Media & Communication Research
|Total Fees Per Year||INR 110,000|
|Total Admission Charges
|Total Course fees
100% on Tuition Fees
8.5 CGPA or Equivalent
50% on Tuition Fees (Max 25 Seats)
8.0 – 8.49 CGPA or Equivalent
All scholarship will be on Year 1 Tuition Fee only
- News Reporters
- Broadcast Production Executive
- Content Writer
- Media Entrepreneurs
- Social Media Management
- Radio & TV producers
- Feature Writer.
- News Analyst.
- Public Relations Officer.
- Radio Jockey(RJ)
- Special Correspondent.
- Staff or Freelance Writer.
- Magazine features editor
- Magazine journalist
- Publishing copy-editor/proofreader
- Web content manager
No team found.