Explore Edu-Series, Ep. 5: Sports IPs- Run, India Run
Explore Edu-Series intends to stimulate students with insights from the best and brightest in the industry. The collaboration between academia and industry leaders has the power to foster talent, equip students to make a mark in the industry and research, and produce exceptional leaders who will drive significant change and build strong, enduring experiences & brands.
For the fifth episode of this series, we have Vivek Singh and Sushma Gaikwad, who will be sharing the success story of sports in India and the most famous Tata Mumbai Marathon.
We are sure that his session will enhance the learning curve for the attending students especially because they have raised the bar to shape the industry and propelled it forward. They will share interesting insights, case studies, challenges, and solutions that would add immense value to the discussion.
About the Speakers:
- Vivek Singh – Jt. MD, Procam International Pvt Limited, is a graduate in economics from Bombay University, his business sense, eye for detail and hands on approach make him a respected leader of the sports industry.About Procam International: In existence since 1988, Procam International is a pioneer in the field of sports management. Procam has carved out a niche for itself as a company that does the impossible and does it well. The Tata Mumbai Marathon (in the top 10 Marathons of the world), the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon, the Tata Consultancy Services World 10K Bangalore and the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K Run are some of the largest running events in the world today. In addition to motivating thousands in India, to take on a healthier and fitter lifestyle, the Marathons have raised millions of Dollars for different charitable causes. They have underscored the fact that private commercial initiative and social interests are complementary. In March 2017, Procam broke new ground with an unparalleled initiative – The NEXA P1 Powerboat Grand Prix of the Seas. Conducted in Mumbai at the Marine Drive bay – the event had the world’s best drivers and navigators racing P1 Panther boats inside a specially constructed racecourse on water. This heralded a new sporting paradigm in India and provided the world with a new racing format.Procam is also involved in sports consultancy, Live Television production and player endorsement.
- Sushma Gaikwad – Director, Wizcraft MIME and Director & Mentor, Global Wedding Academy by Wizcraft MIME
- Co-Founder & Director, Ice Global
- Entrepreneurship Award by Bharat Nirman
- 25 + years’ experience in brand communication and experiential solutions for leading corporate houses. Passionate about strategizing for brand experiences and exceeding clients expectations
- Master of Project Conceptualisation and Management
- Educational Instructional Designer
- On the board of studies of Somaiya International Convention Centre and Academy
- Leadership Coach
- Dale Carnegie Certified Trainer
- NLP Master Practitioner
- Past EEMA General Secretary & Vice President
- Her mojo: To enhance skill, provide robust education in event management and drive policy-making for education.