BBA (Tourism Management)
Course Code B.B.A. TM
Duration 3 Years
Course Type Full Time
Min Qualification 2 level examination / Senior Secondary / Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University. General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level. Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in a foreign country recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10 2 pattern of Senior Secondary education.
- To equip students with basic and essential knowledge related to tourism industry.
- To provide students practical skills and knowledge in all the major components of the industry.
- To familiarize the students with the working of tourism organizations working at national and international levels.
- To provide knowledge, skill and attitude of entrepreneurship to set up tourism related establishment.
- To develop all round personality for a better tourism representative of the country.
Tourism is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Tourism has emerged as a developmental activity at all levels – global, national, regional and local. International Tourism is one of the most important and fastest growing aspects of global trade and assist with infrastructure development in any country. Economy of many countries totally depend upon tourism. The aim of the Bachelor of Business Administration – Tourism Management programme is to help students to develop skills for managing different functional divisions of tourism sector effectively. This Programme will provide the student with an understanding of the basic principles and practice of tourism and travel management.
The programme aims to provide students with a basic theoretical understanding of major conceptual and applied issues in respect of tourism industry. Students will develop an ability to think critically about the relationship between tourism and development, and the policies which seek to facilitate or regulate this in a range of geographical settings. Advanced training is provided in research methods that can be applied in a variety of tourism-related contexts, and these are developed by the student through individual project and dissertation work.
- Principles of Tourism
- Principles of Management
- Tourism Product of India
- Travel Agency and Tour Operations
- Transport Operations and Management
- Tourism Entrepreneurship Development
- Destination Planning and Development
- Itinerary Planning and Costing
- Hotel Operations and Management
- Aviation Management
- Tourism Softwares, Computer Utilization and Application
- Tourism & Travel Writing & Photography
- Soft Skills
- Study Tour and Project Report
- Research Methodology
|Total Fees Per Year||INR 50,000|
|Total Admission Charges
|Total Course fees
- Airlines as Crew and ground staff
- Travel Agencies, Tour Operators
- Public/Government Sector – National Tourism Board, State Tourism Boards
- Government Tourist Information Offices,
- Shipping & Cruises, Railways, IRCTC, Water and Road Travels
- Travel Consultants, Visa and Travel Document Services
- Hotels and Resorts Information Offices
- Online Travel Agencies, Travel Aggregators
- Hospitality and Allied Industry
- Foreign Exchange Companies
- Itinerary Planner
- Destination Management
- Event Management
- Adventure Sports
- Entrepreneurship – Starting own travel agency, ticketing firm, tour operation, travel consultancy, tourist information service etc.