‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ : Session 6
Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal is celebrating Azaadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav Commemorating 75 Years of Independence by organizing a series of various programs.
In the continuation of these series of programs, JLU School of Hospitality and Tourism is organizing a Lecture on the topic “Journey of Hospitality and Tourism Post Independence” by Prof. (Dr.) Ashish Dahiya, Director, Institute of Hotel & Tourism Management, Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak along with special address by Honorable Vice Chancellor, Jagran Lakecity University, Prof. (Dr.) Sandeep Shashtri.
The lecture will be followed by cultural programs performed by students of JLU School of Hospitality and Tourism. In the end of the session winner of Food Tales Competition will be announced, in the competition participants have to prepare a traditional Indian dish and explain its cultural and historical significance.
Flow of Event
|1||11:00 am – 11:05 am||5 min||Welcome Traditional Dance by SoHT Student|
|2||11:05 am – 11:10 am||5 min||Patriotic song by SoHT Student|
|3||11:10 am – 11:20 am||10 min||Welcome Address by Honorable Vice Chancellor, Jagran Lakecity University, Prof. (Dr.) Sandeep Shashtri|
|4||11:20 am – 12:05 pm||45 min||Online Lecture by Guest Speaker on “Journey of Hospitality and Tourism Post Independence”|
|5||12:05 pm – 12:15 pm||10 min||Patriotic Poem Recitation by SoHT Students|
|6||12:15 pm – 12:45 pm||30 min||Food Tales – Declaration of Winners and Video play of Winners|
Inter School Competition among all Schools of Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal
Name of Competition: Food Tales
Participants: Inter School Competition among all Schools of JLU, Bhopal
Description of Competition:
Participants need to prepare a Traditional Indian Dish and plate it with proper presentation and accompaniments. Then they need to explain the ingredients of dish, its historical and cultural importance. The style of presenting the prepared dish must be story telling.
Rules & Regulations of Competition:
- The participants need to be a regular student of any of the School of Jagran Lakecity University.
- The dish selected must be an Indian traditional dish with cultural and historical importance.
- The prepared food must be plated by traditional presentation.
- Participants need to make a Video of Maximum 5 Minutes describing the prepared dish.
- The dish must be described in such a manner that it highlights the cultural and historical importance.
- Face of participant and the prepared dish both must be visible in the video. The participant can either keep the dish on a table or held it in hand while describing.
- Length of Video- Maximum 5 min.
- Language chosen for Description must be Hindi or English.
- The Videos will be judged by a renowned Chef having expertise in Food Research by blind reviewing process.
- The criteria for judging the dish are: Presentation of dish- 5 Marks, Content of description-15 Marks, Style of Description- 10 Marks (Total- 30 Marks).