CONVENTUS-2021: CELEBRATING WORLD TOURISM DAY
Introduction and Objectives of the Event:
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a massive social and economic impact. Both developed and developing economies have been hit. The marginalized groups and the most vulnerable have been hit hardest of all. The restart of tourism will help kick start recovery and growth. It is essential that the benefits of bouncing back for tourism should be enjoyed widely and fairly. UNWTO has therefore designated World Tourism Day 2021 as a day to focus on Tourism for Inclusive Growth. This is an opportunity to look beyond tourism statistics and acknowledge that, behind every number, there is a person.
World Tourism Day, celebrated each year on 27th September, is the global observance day fostering awareness of tourism’s social, cultural, political and economic value and the contribution that the sector can make towards reaching the Sustainable Development Goals.
The intention of this National Level Event Celebration is to provide a platform to practice, develop and present the skills that students across India possess, also to get student involved in this learning and thought process and have discussions on the current theme of World Tourism Day. Also it will help to generate and develop new ideas perspectives in the core and allied area.
JLU-School of Hospitality and Tourism is hosting ‘CONVENTUS-2021’, One day Hybrid event to commemorate the World Tourism Day 2021. Theme for this event is ‘Tourism for Inclusive Growth’.
A Series of Competitions are being held in a Hybrid Format to engage students across India and with a motive to spread awareness about Tourism Day.
There are three main categories of competitions which are being organized by School of Hospitality and Tourism. You are invited to participate in any one or all the three categories.
Submit high resolution photographs and videos relevant to theme which is “Tourism for Inclusive Growth”.
1. Photography Comptition
2. Video Making Comptition
This includes original Photograph(s)/Video of :
1. Workers of the tourism industry, like gift makers, tours guides, hotel managers, cab drivers, etc.
2. Ancillaries of the tourism sector
3. Local community/people involved in tourism business and development
4. Tourist/travelers engaged in local activities or events
5. An unexplored destination where tourism potential is untapped
*Photograph(s) should be of high quality with at least 300 dpi that could be reproduced as hard copy in A4(8.3 x 11.7 inches or 210 x 297 mm) /A3 sized (11.7 x 16.5 inches or 297 x 420 mm).
*Video should be not more than 59 seconds and of full HD resolutions(at least 1080p.) so that it could be well promoted through Instagram reels, FaceBook reels, YouTube etc. Interactive videos will be preferred. Only soft copied needed to be sent on the event email address.
The top 10 photographs will be displayed in the exhibition at the school on 27th September 2021and would also be featured on social media platforms as well.
The top 10 videos will be featured on social media platforms on 27th September 2021.
Submit a Painting or a Sketch in the form of a portrait/scene/abstract artetc. on the main theme of the World Tourism Day which is “Tourism for Inclusive Growth”
1. Painting Competition
2. Sketching Competitio
*Paintings/sketch:It should be made on A3 sized (11.7 x 16.5 inches or 297 x 420 mm)sketch paper/canvas.
The top 10 Paintings or sketches will be displayed in the exhibition at the school on 27th September 2021 and would also be featured on social media platforms.
Submit an audio clip of 15-30 seconds in on the main theme of the World Tourism Day which is “Tourism for Inclusive Growth
*Audio clip: It should be of high quality, clean and background noise free and the length should be between 15 to 30 seconds mentioning your Full Name and Designation.(Please send the soft copy of your audio clip to the mentioned email.
Top 10 will be aired via Lakecity Voice Radio Channel.
Certificate along with prizes would be given to 3 winners in each category/sub-categories. Also result would be declared by a renowned celebrity through Social Media and Radio Platforms.
RULES FOR COMPETITION :
Registration Fees: NIL
How to register: Registration can be done by the form given below
Registration Date: Registration will be open till 05:00 pm of 24th September, 2021.
General Rules –
1. Only Solo entry will be considered as valid no team entries would be considered for competitions.
2. The high quality scanned copy of paintings or sketches should be mailed in pdf format so that they can be easily printed.
3. In the subject of the email do mention the category of competition you are sending entry for.
4. Any entry mailed after stipulated time and date will not be accepted.
5. Evaluation criteria would include uniqueness of the content, presentation style, audio and background music, interactive video presentation and sticking to the theme of the event.
6. The decision of the judges will be final and irrevocable.
7. Check that you have opted “Yes” in the undertaking column in the registration form that it is your original work and it has not been downloaded or copied from somewhere. Also you have agreed to all the rules of the competitions.
PROCESS FOR PARTICIPATION :
1. Fill the form on this page and you will receive a confirmation email after successful Registration.
2. Send your entries in the appropriate format mentioned above to email@example.com before the submission deadline.
3. Join the Event on 27th September through the link on this page and get your chance to win prizes.
PROGRAM SCHEDULE :
|1.||Inaugural Ceremony||Hybrid (Online and offline)||10:00 am – 10:30 am|
|2.||Playback of Top 10 Audio entries of the competition||Hybrid (Online and offline)||10:45 am – 11:00 am|
|3.||An Interactive Talk Show with a Celebrity (supported and coordinated through Lakecity Voice)||Hybrid (Online and offline)||11:10 am – 11:40 am|
|4.||Panel Discussion on the theme Tourism for Inclusive growth||Hybrid (Online and offline)||12:00 am – 12:45 pm|
|5.||Playback of Top 10 Video entries of the competition||Hybrid (Online and offline)||01:00 pm – 01:15 pm|
|6.||Lunch Break||–||01:30 pm – 02:00 pm|
|7.||Valedictory and Award Ceremony||Hybrid (Online and offline)||02:30 pm – 03:30 pm|
|8.||Exhibition of the top 10 finalist in each category along with few activities.||Offline in campus||11:00 am – 05:00 pm|