Panel discussion on Human Rights-based approach to Good Governance
Objectives: The panel discussion will focus on a human rights-based approach to good governance. The panel discussion aims:
• To exchange views with regard to the role of the public service for the promotion and protection of human rights;
• To identify challenges and share good practices with regard to a human rights-based approach to good governance in the public service;
• To examine the findings of the report of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights on the role of the public service as an essential component of good governance in the promotion and protection of human rights; and
• To promote a better understanding of international human rights norms and standards relevant to the public service.
Chair Opening Statement:
Dr. Sandeep Shastri, Vice-Chancellor, Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal.
Dr. Deevanshu Shrivastava, Head, Jagran School of Public Policy and International Affairs.
• Mr. Girish Sharma, IAS, Government of Madhya Pradesh.
• Dr. Manisha Madhava, Associate Professor & Head, Department of Political Science, SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai.
Outcome: As a result of the panel discussion, a summary report will be prepared including conclusions and recommendations for a better understanding of the role of the public service in the promotion and protection of human rights and of a human rights-based approach to good governance in the public service.
Meeting ID: 895 9401 0970