Laboratories of JLU School of Engineering and Technology
The JLU School of Engineering and Technology (SOET) has 24+ operational engineering labs which are equipped with all instruments and facilities that an engineering student from any stream might require. The 5 computer labs at SOET have over 100 systems in total and are used for, CAD/CAM/CAE, computer programming, networking and are enabled with WINDOWS and UNIX/LINUX both. These labs are housed in JLU’s Mugaliachaap Campus which is spread across 200 acres and provides the ideal environment for practicing. These labs are the testimony of JLU’s aim to provide the best hands learn by doing opportunities to student.
Some of these Engineering Labs are- Strength of Materials Laboratory, Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulic Machines Laboratory, Thermodynamics Laboratory, Kinematics & Dynamics of Machines Laboratory, Metrology & Mechanical Measurement Laboratory, Turbomachinery Laboratory, Carpentry & Welding Shop. Chemistry Laboratory, Heat & Mass Transfer Lab, Concrete Lab, Surveying Lab, Basic Mechanical & Engineering Mechanics Lab, Physics Lab, Engineering Graphics Hall along with several others.
- Computer Lab 1 – Networking and Database Lab: Configured to support the networking concepts and practices, handling the backend data through various database software.
- Computer Lab 2 – Programming Lab: Configured to impart programming language concepts.
- Computer Lab 3 – Linux Lab: Configured to deliver the concepts of Linux and Security.
- Computer Lab 4 – Web Development Lab: Configured to impart the knowledge of web development and user experience.
- Computer Lab 5 – High Performance Computing lab: Configure to execute the concept of Machine Learning and Data Science.
- Physics Lab: Covers the fundamentals of engineering physics with the instruments like diffraction Grating, Laser diode, P-N Junction Diode, Zener Diode, Torsional Pendulum, Solar Cell Equipment, Spectrometer, Fibre Optics Equipment etc.
- Chemistry Lab: Covers the fundamentals of engineering chemistry lab experiments
- Mechanical Workshop: Mechanical workshop is a place where students acquire knowledge on the operation of various processes involved in manufacturing and production. Students get their hands on big machines like a lathe machine, milling machine, drilling machine, grinders, planners, etc.
- Basic Electrical and Electronics Lab: The basic Electrical and Electronics laboratory is utilized for performing experiments related to fundamentals of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Microcontroller and Microprocessor Lab: The Microprocessor and Microcontroller Laboratory helps the students to understand the basic operation of Microprocessors and Microcontrollers along with fundamental programming skills in assembly language and Embedded C programming.