JLU School of sports Science and Physical Education was established with a mission and objective to uplift the standard of physical education and sports and to produce leaders and role models to make our society physically fit, mentally strong, socially committed and professionally active. At JLU School of Sport Science & Physical Education every student benefits from the opportunity to participate in a comprehensive programme consisting of skill development, lead up games, team sports, and physical fitness activities. The school strives to develop the areas of professional competence and expertise in teaching physical education & sports as a major subject. The course helps the students to pursue their chosen career choice whether that is in teaching, outdoor education, health or applied sports science. Our courses provide distinctive pathways to meet the requirements of an evolving sport and physical activity industry. We have a strong interdisciplinary approach to teaching and research ensuring a vocationally relevant, applied and authentic education for all our students. Enhancing the employability forms a core focus for the programme with a strong emphasis on work related learning.
- Career counseling projects.
- Special Examination for students engaged in sports tournaments.
- Providing scholarships to the elite sports persons.
- Providing On – Duty attendance to the sports persons during tournaments to avoid academic loss.
- Conducting motivational lectures by elite & Arjun Awardee sports personalities of India.