- The University Grants Commission has issued a Notification on Refund of Fees and Non- Retention of Original Certificates effective from October 2018 (“UGC Notification”).
- The formally notified last date of admission to all the programmes of JLU, for the intake in Academic Year 2023-24 is 25th July 2023.
- The Refund of Aggregate Fee deposited by candidates shall be done strictly as per the UGC Notification of 2018 which provides a five-tier system for refund of fees as follows:
- To apply for a refund, candidates must send a request to email@example.com. Once registered and/or started attending the classes, no refund shall be considered.
Helpline : +9174711 10178 | firstname.lastname@example.org
* Aggregate Fee includes Programme fees and non-tuition fees and do not include caution money and security deposit. Caution money and security deposit will be refunded in full irrespective of the date on which notice of withdrawal is received. Programme fees refer to the charges towards tuition of the respective programme and non-tuition fees refers to the charges towards Resource Fees, exam fees and Alumni Charges.
*Subject to a deduction of Indian Rupees (INR) 1000 towards processing charges from the refundable amount.
In exceptional circumstances, JLU may admit students after the formally notified last date of admission. In such cases, Refund policy will stay the same as the table aforementioned, where formally notified last date of admission for such students shall be the individual date on which they have been admitted. This date will be considered in the column titled “Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is served to the University”.
Procedure for Seeking a Refund
- All initial request for refunds must be received by the Office of Admissions and Outreach no later than 5 p.m. on the last deadline in each tier to be processed within that tier.
- To apply for a refund, candidates must send a request to email@example.com This request will be treated as a notice of withdrawal and the quantum of refund will be calculated as per the table above. Please include your name, programme name, application number and contact number in all communications.
- Candidates will then receive a refund application form and further instructions. Failure to follow the instructions closely and submit the completed refund application form will result in the refund being delayed.
- The duly completed refund application form must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 (seven) working days of being received by the applicant.
- Applicants for refunds may undergo an exit interview with a member of the Admissions and Outreach staff/faculty prior to their application being processed. This interview is primarily for informational purposes and will in no way impact the status of the refund request unless the applicant rescinds the refund request themselves.
- From the receipt of the completed refund application form, all refund requests will take at least 30 (Thirty) working days to process.
- Any grievance regarding refunds under this policy must be sent to ‘JLU Finance’ on email@example.com