B. Design (Interior Design, Architecture)
Course Code B. Des
Duration 5 Years
Course Type Full Time
Min Qualification 2 Successful completion in any stream, 10 3 years Diploma, 60% in qualifying exam followed by personal interview. Lateral Entry for students of B. Des and State Diploma in Architecture
B. Des (Interior Design, Architecture) is a unique professional 4 years program that focuses on both interior design, constructions systems and digital tools. It provides the technical skills necessary to work both within interior practices but also architecture ones, as increasingly the two are running co-currently.
We emphasize a progressive design approach under five unique aspects. First is “thinking-by-doing,” a design-built system that underlines thinking and making. There is particular emphasis placed on the Wood workshop and 1:1 work, especially in furniture. Second, “out-of-classroom” learning, where students work on-site, with community, nature and vernacular. Third is emphasis on the emerging digital tools. Fourth, comprehensive education by encompassing four core abilities: vocational skills, professional skills, critical thinking and lastly ethical. And lastly, our network of international collaborations facilitates students with a wide range of exposure, perspectives, methods and milieu.
Our graduates are prepared to address the larger challenges of interior and architecture practices, including mastery in emerging technology and shoulder leadership and responsibility in the profession.
Interior Design, Architecture and Furniture
- Proficiency in the graphic and technical skills of interior/ architectural drawing, design, building construction, services, sustainability – including the ability to produce executable technical documents, cost estimates, and specifications.
- Proficiency in the extant and emerging digital tools including Grasshopper and new building techniques.
- An understanding of design and execution of furniture, lighting, and other specialized elements of interiors.
- Understand the professional norms, standards and practices and entrepreneurship skills for design practice.
- Demonstrate, through written, visual and oral format, the ability to comprehend and analyze the historical, cultural, stylistic, social and political aspects of design, building, habitat, human settlements.
|Admission Charges (One-Time, Non-Refundable)||INR 5,000|
|Caution Money (One-Time, Refundable)||INR 5,000|
|Alumni Fund (One-Time, Non-Refundable)||INR 10,000|
|Digitization Charges (Per Year)||INR 20,000|
|Tuition Fees (Per Year)||INR 80,000|
|Exam Fees (Per Year)||INR 15,000|
|Total Fees Per Year||INR 115,000|
|Caution Money (One-Time, Refundable)||$135|
|Total Admission Charges (One-Time, Non-Refundable)||$535|
|Total Course fees (Per Year)||$3,067|
- Architecture and Interior Practices
- Construction Industry
- Computation Industry
- Design and Furnishing houses and services (such as chains working with lighting or modular kitchens)
- Further Specializations in Graduate courses in Interior, Lighting, Furniture, Product Design, Construction Management, Sustainability, Digital Design, Design Management, Fit-out Management, and Academics such as history