Diploma in Food Production & Patisserie
Course Code DFPP
Duration One and half Years (3 Semesters)
Course Type Full Time
Min Qualification +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern/ Senior Secondary/ Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- To make students familiar with the world of cookery and bakery.
- To equip the students with basic knowledge and skills of food production.
- To make them learn about basic ingredients, raw material, their uses, compositions.
- To provide knowledge about sanitation & hygiene, organoleptic evaluation, laws and quality control of food.
- To provide an insight into the challenges of creating a small food enterprise and the skills required to make a successful business
- To familiarize students with the latest trends and arts of culinary.
This programme is designed primarily for those people who wish to pursue a career in the hotel and catering industry as a chef with formal training but with a relatively small investment of time and money. It is a well-established fact that there is greater demand for skilled manpower in the hospitality industry than for managers. All the hospitality organizations be it a hotel, restaurant, fast food outlet, resort, catering establishment, railway, airline, cruise liner or other allied organizations, all require trained skilled manpower for the operations. Diploma in Food Production & Patisserie programme of JLU School of Hospitality & Tourism caters to the needs of such establishments effectively. A combination of inputs at the school and industrial exposure on the other side almost guarantees the students their employment in the industry
- Cookery & Larder Theory and Practical
- Bakery & Patisserie Theory and Practical
- Equipment, Maintenance and Services
- Food Cost Control
- Food styling and Presentation
|Total Fees Per Year||INR 60,000|
|Total Admission Charges
|Total Course fees
At Jagran Lakecity University, we believe in rewarding the hard work and excellence achieved by the applicant in various fields of life. There is a separate eligibility for availing scholarships in UG, PG and Research programmes. Apart from granting scholarships on the basis of the last qualifying examination percentage OR CGPA, JLU does extend scholarships on the basis of performance in the selected National Entrance Exams like CUET and Sports Scholarships on the basis of sports trials.
To know more about the JLU Scholarships, CLICK HERE
Managerial Opportunities in
- Independent Hotels and hotel chains
- International and National Restaurant Chains
- Independent Restaurants
- International and national fast-food chains
- Food Aggregators
- Cloud Kitchens
- Flight Kitchens and on-board flight services
- Hospital and Institutional Catering
- Railway Hospitality and Catering Services
- Indian Navy Hospitality services
- Central and State Canteens
- Government Guesthouses
- State Tourism Development Corporations
- Shipping and Cruise lines
- Multinational Companies
- Mobile catering/ Food Trucks
- Self-employment through Entrepreneurship (Food Outlet, Café, Bakery etc.)