Diploma in Food Production & Patisserie
Course Code DFPP
Duration One and half Years (3 Semesters)
Course Type Full Time
Min Qualification +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern/ Senior Secondary/ Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- To make students familiar with the world of cookery and bakery.
- To equip the students with basic knowledge and skills of food production.
- To make them learn about basic ingredients, raw material, their uses, compositions.
- To provide knowledge about sanitation & hygiene, organoleptic evaluation, laws and quality control of food.
- To provide an insight into the challenges of creating a small food enterprise and the skills required to make a successful business
- To familiarize students with the latest trends and arts of culinary.
This programme is designed primarily for those people who wish to pursue a career in the hotel and catering industry as a chef with formal training but with a relatively small investment of time and money. It is a well-established fact that there is greater demand for skilled manpower in the hospitality industry than for managers. All the hospitality organizations be it a hotel, restaurant, fast food outlet, resort, catering establishment, railway, airline, cruise liner or other allied organizations, all require trained skilled manpower for the operations. Diploma in Food Production & Patisserie programme of JLU School of Hospitality & Tourism caters to the needs of such establishments effectively. A combination of inputs at the school and industrial exposure on the other side almost guarantees the students their employment in the industry
- Cookery & Larder Theory and Practical
- Bakery & Patisserie Theory and Practical
- Equipment, Maintenance and Services
- Food Cost Control
- Food styling and Presentation
(One time)INR 10,000
|Total Fees Per Year||INR 55,000|
|Total Admission Charges
|Total Course fees
Managerial Opportunities in
- Independent Hotels and hotel chains
- International and National Restaurant Chains
- Independent Restaurants
- International and national fast-food chains
- Food Aggregators
- Cloud Kitchens
- Flight Kitchens and on-board flight services
- Hospital and Institutional Catering
- Railway Hospitality and Catering Services
- Indian Navy Hospitality services
- Central and State Canteens
- Government Guesthouses
- State Tourism Development Corporations
- Shipping and Cruise lines
- Multinational Companies
- Mobile catering/ Food Trucks
- Self-employment through Entrepreneurship (Food Outlet, Café, Bakery etc.)