In the coming decade, the Hospitality & Tourism industry is forecasted to maintain
its position as the world’s largest employer and the largest provider of management positions. The JLU School of Hospitality & Tourism has been
set up with a vision to attain the position of the top-ranked hospitality management schools in the country.
Every student at the School benefits from the expertise and experience of renowned faculties with international
experience and industry experts from the field of hospitality and Tourism.
Our Faculty members combine strong academic credentials with excellent teaching skills
and extensive executive-level industry experience. The holistic development of students forms the essence of the
school and is attained through nurturing intellectual competence within the students at both academic and
professional levels. Very much importance is given on the grooming of the inter-personal and societal skills of
students which evolves them into thorough professionals and effective managers. We aspire to build our
reputation through our impressive faculty, rich curriculum, industry interface and by providing our students
with fast-track career advancement in the International Hotel, Food Service and Tourism industry.
The School functions under the guidance of an Advisory Board — which includes industry leaders and executives
from the Hotel, Food Service and Tourism industries who work regularly with the faculty, staff, and students of
the School to formulate and update a curriculum that is current, flexible and related to the needs of the
hospitality and tourism industries.
- Aims to foster international collaboration in education and training across national borders.
- Aims to inculcate in student respect for ethical and moral values as well as a sense of business,
entrepreneurship and professional responsibilities in the context of international hospitality.
- Alumni Focus group initiatives.
- Expert Culinary Mentors.
- Entrepreneurship incubation center (many aluminas are successfully running their hospitality & tourism
- Extensive industry exposure through Vocational Training (optional 6 weeks training after completion of First
Year); Industrial Training (Compulsory 22 weeks training in the Second year); Visits (Hotel, Hospitality &
Tourism Fairs, Vineyards, National & International Competitions, Seminar, Conferences & Symposium)
- International tie-ups with leading hotels. Till date, 12 students have been trained in France under Michelin
- Running Commercial Restaurant & Cafeteria on Campus for real-life experience.
- Special Guest Lectures and Presentations by eminent personalities, entrepreneurs and hospitality
professionals are organized by the Institute regularly.
- The Institute also emphasizes the development of new methodologies and technologies applied to education and
training, to improve lifelong learning.